Monday 15 October 2012

Project: Eraser Carving

Lately I've had such an itch to create my own rubber stamps but I really struggled in finding the tools as well as rubber so in the end I asked around and realised I was using the wrong words... after all I'm British and use the English English and not the American English...I forget sometimes that I should be doing that when on the internet in order to find what I'm looking for.
 
Someone mentioned eraser carving and I found exactly what I was looking for on Etsy at craftyjapan so I bought a set of tools. I was so good that I didn't buy a single tape even though she has so many amazing designs that I could have bought a box full. craftyjapan was a brilliant seller in sorting out a mess I made and shipped everything the next day so I got my tools a week later.
Untitled
Just before I received my tools I paid a visit to Staples as I knew they would have a box full of rubbers that I could buy and create my stamps with. I couldn't help doodling on my  rubbers before then even though I knew I should get used to my tools first and stick to simple shapes which I should really do despite creating these....
 Untitled
These tools are great and I would recommend getting them if you are interested in creating your own stamps. Only thing is that I did at one point almost hack my finger off which resulted in a blood river but it shows they they are great for the job.
Untitled
I probably won't use these stamps though as they aren't great just yet so as I said I need to stick to basic shapes in order to get the feel of my tools properly before thinking I'm a pro and can start creating master pieces. I do hope that one day I do create amazing stamps one day though even though right now I can't imagine it.
 
The thing I haven't yet managed to find though is rubber to carve into as these are really limited in the size/shapes I can do.
 
Its another thing that I can tick off on my project list though.
 
Have you fulfilled any of your ambitions lately?

4 comments:

  1. love the pens and love you are fulfilling the things you want to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that I'm able to too as I feel in other areas life just isn't moving anywhere so I'd like to feel I've accomplished something.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is amazing you making your own stamps I have never thought to try something like that and I love stamps but then my handwritting is not as neat and nice as yours so my stamps would turn out aweful...........lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll be good at it, it just needs patience and I can't draw but the good thing is you can you printed images to rub on to your rubber and then to carve :)

      Delete

Thank you for your wonderful comment.