Tuesday 21 August 2012

Project: Handmade Writing Paper

@mimilady decided to decorate the sheets myself too so you may need to wait a bit to hear from me, #sunflower #hearts #writingpaper #letter
I have always said I wanted to create my own paper to write letters on but in reality its impossible with super long letters as I would need way too many sheets and would spend my whole time decorating instead of writing.

Someone saw my Project: Inspiration envelopes and mentioned how they'd love to receive one so I agreed to make and send one. I then decided to write a letter where I've created my own paper too, to go with the creative envelope.

As I recently bought a lot of tapes and haven't had the chance to open all of them yet, I decided to put them to good use by decorating my paper with them. I decorated both sides of the sheet but I need to really find thicker sheets as these seem to have bleed through.
Made by me #sunflower #hearts #washitape #flowers #letter#letter #washitape #decotape #feather #writing #text #pink #goldLove is in the air #clouds #buildings #hearts #washitape #punches #letter#washitape #letter #key #keyhole #rabbit #padlock #postmark#border #tape #fabrictape #punches #shapes #flowers #pink #black#washitape #spotty #spots #rainbow #letter #snailmail#washitape #letter #snailmail #tape #stamp #postagestamp #colours #rainbow #sweden#simple #letter #snailmail #russaindoll #tape #paper#washitape #tape #handbag #rubberstamps #letter #paper #snailmail#tape #washitape #cherries #shape #punches #hearts #letter #snailmail #paper
Some are a little creative and others are plain and simple but it makes for a fun letter when reading it and I tend to use different colours too to write with.
This photo is taken by the person I sent it to using my handmade washi tape.

Do you tend to decorate your envelopes for friends letters?

4 comments:

  1. how cute and yep love to decorate my envelopes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They are really beautiful, you are very talented! Well, when it comes to envelopes, I do make my own. It happens that when it comes to sending my letters to pen pals, my replies tend to be way longer than I expected and I find that the envelopes available in stores tend to be too small or too fragile, so I decided to make my own with crazy and colorful designs. I just buy paper for "scrapbooking" or crafting. Then, I open one envelope of a size that comes close to the one I want and then I trace it on the back of the scrapbooking paper. Then I cut it and paste it carefully and voila! Beautiful envelopes that you can't find anywhere!

    I have to admit that it takes a little bit of your precious time to make them, but I wouldn't change the final result for anything in the world! I mean, you save tons of money and you get a great "this is my masterpiece / Wow look what I did" feeling. So yes, I make my envelopes because for me, writing only letters doesn't count. You have to show the world (your pen pals) your creativity in more ways than one! Even if (in my case) it's just with the envelope (which is the first thing they see when they get the letter in their mailbox)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really talented, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your wonderful comment.